Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Blog news: Tweaking the name

A loyal reader (if I can actually have one at this point) has brought it to my attention that my Latin is a little off. The name of the blog, Scriptorum Scientifica, was meant to roughly translate to "Room of Writings Regarding Science" or, even more roughly, "Scientific Writing Room." As it stands, it translates to "Scientific [things] by Writers." Therefore, to remain honest and to keep from offending any classical scholars reading this, I've changed the name of the blog to Scriptorium Scientifica. To prevent a logistical nightmare, though, the Web and news feed addresses will remain the same.

My apologies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Man, shouldn't the S in Scientifica be lowercase to be consistent with scientific nomenclature?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Tom Ulrich said...

If you go by the convention for naming species, yes. But this is a blog, not a species.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home